The Alba tannery , the group leader enterprise, was founded by Alvaro Banti in 1947, in the immediate Second World War aftermath, when an hardly stroked country was starting to reconstruct itself and grow again. After the founder departure in 1980 the factory, lead by the sons, has constantly incremented its business, evolving from a little artisan enterprise into one of the bigger Tuscan tanneries.
To expand the range of its products and provide the clients with all the requested articles, the management created two new enterprises, that’s how The Alba Group was born.
- In 1989 the Delhi factory was built, specialized in the split crafting.
- In 1995 the Pegaso tannery was built. Initially specialized in crafting leathers for free time shoes, the enterprise progressively moved towards the production of brushed bovine leathers, particularly suited for economic shoes.
- In 2002 and 2003 all the factories of the group where profoundly renewed and utterly enlarged, the Pegaso was relocated in a new plant.
Finally, to face the new challenges of supplying and the quality of imported wet-blue leather, in 2006 the group acquires the Ukrainian tannery Skirianik, specialized in the production of partially tanned leathers.
The current strategy of the Alba Group is to utterly expand and internationalize its selling and distribution network, to satisfy clients all over the world.